This is the application portal for the Patient Care Trust Fund (PCTF) of the Committee of Interns & Residents/SEIU Healthcare (CIR/SEIU).
One of CIR's oldest and largest patient care funds, the PCTF is a collectively-bargained resource available exclusively to interns, residents, and fellows employed by NYC Health + Hospitals or by Mt. Sinai at NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst.
You can find all open grant applications and their requirements below.
Founded in 1981 by CIR members, the Patient Care Trust Fund (PCTF) is a resident-led foundation dedicated to improving patient care and safety in the NYC public health system. Each academic year, the PCTF provides eligible house staff with dedicated funding for clinical research, medical equipment, educational materials, community-based initiatives, and more. Through grants and member engagement, we ensure that residents in every specialty have a powerful voice to enhance residency, reduce health disparities, and advance quality care for all New Yorkers.
Description: Exclusive funding for NYC H + H residents to obtain, on behalf of their departments/programs, the cutting-edge medical equipment and training resources they deem necessary for enhanced patient care and safety.
Deadline: December 31, 2023
- Only one (1) application per department/program will be accepted.
- Each application must contain two applicants - a primary applicant and a co-applicant. If the lead applicant is a Senior resident, then the co-applicant must be a junior PGY.
- Note: Residents at Lincoln and Jacobi have slightly different requirements. Please consult the application provided to you post-information session. If you didn't attend and need this information, please contact Michael Velarde, VBOF/PCTF Director, at email@example.com or Emmanuelle Vielot, PCTF Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description: Grants for Pediatrics (and Pediatric specialty) programs to hold end-of-year, holiday celebrations at their hospitals. Grantees are awarded up to $1,500 per hospital to put on festive events, such as luncheons and gift-giving drives. Grantees will be notified shortly after the grant deadline and will now receive their funds in American Express Gift Cards to allow for the timely purchase of gifts and event-related expenses.
If you are not in a Peds program but wish to collaborate on a Holiday Grant event, please contact your CIR Contract Organizer or Michael Velarde, VBOF/PCTF Director, at email@example.com to be connected with a Peds resident from your hospital.
Deadline: Dec 2, 2023
Please use this form to submit PCTF Research/Community Project grant reports. The form is the same and should be used for both the interim and final reports.
Please use this form to submit requests for your PCTF Grant funding related to the following grants. You will be asked for basic information related to your grant, budget, and request. Please have your grant ID handy (found in your original grant award letter):
- Equipment/Educational Materials Grant
- Research/Community Project Grant
- Holiday Grant
Please contact PCTF staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-985-1560 with any questions or to follow up on requests.